Monday, May 2, 2011

Lies will lock you up with truth the only key.



Missy Higgins.....Love her.
Enough said.


"The Special Two"

I've hardly been outside my room in days,
'cause I don't feel that I deserve the sunshine's rays.
The darkness helped until the whiskey wore away,
And it was then I realized the conscience never fades.
When you're young you have this image of your life:
That you'll be scrupulous and one day even make a wife.
And you make boundaries you'd never dream to cross,
And if you happen to you wake completely lost.
But I will fight for you, be sure that
I will fight until we're the special two once again.

And we will only need each other, we'll breathe together,
Our hands will not be taught to hold another's,
When we're the special two.
And we could only see each other, we'll bleed together,
These arms will not be taught to need another,
'Cause we were the special two.

I remember someone old once said to me:
"That lies will lock you up with truth the only key."
But I was comfortable and warm inside my shell,
And couldn't see this place would soon become my hell.
So is it better to tell and hurt or lie to save their face?
Well I guess the answer is don't do it in the first place.
I know I'm not deserving of your trust from you right now,
But if by chance you change your mind you know I will not let you down
'cause we were the special two, and we'll be again.

And we will only need each other, we'll breathe together,
Our hands will not be taught to hold another's,
When we're the special two.
And we can only see each other we'll bleed together,
These arms will not be taught to need another...
'cause we're the special two.

I step outside my mind's eye's for a minute.
And I look over me like a doctor looking for disease,
Or something that could ease the pain.
But nothing cures the hurt you, you bring on by yourself,
Just remembering, just remembering how we were...

When we would only need each other, we'd breathe together,
Our hands would not be taught to hold another's,
We were the special two.
And we could only see each other, we'd bleed together,
These arms would not be taught to need another,
'Cause we're the special two. 


Adele one and only.


You've been on my mind, 
I grow fonder every day, 
Lose myself in time, 
Just thinking of your face, 
God only knows why it's taken me so long to let my doubts go, 
You're the only one that I want, 

I don't know why I'm scared, 
I've been here before, 
Every feeling, every word, 
I've imagined it all, 
You'll never know if you never try, 
To forgive your past and simply be mine, 

I dare you to let me be your, your one and only, 
Promise I'm worth it, 
To hold in your arms, 
So come on and give me a chance, 
To prove I am the one who can walk that mile, 
Until the end starts, 

If I've been on your mind, 
You hang on every word I say, 
Lose yourself in time, 
At the mention of my name, 
Will I ever know how it feels to hold you close, 
And have you tell me whichever road I choose, you'll go? 

I don't know why I'm scared, 
'Cause I've been here before, 
Every feeling, every word, 
I've imagined it all, 
You'll never know if you never try, 
To forgive your past and simply be mine, 



And Also Adele I am loving these two lately check them out if you havent already:]
Hometown glory and someone like you are my favorites of hers. go go listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment